Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ruby-throated Hummingbird in Nevada County, CA!



On August 30, 2008, Bruce Webb and I made the pilgrimage up to Nevada City to see a RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRD that had been coming to birder Rudy Darling's feeders for (at that point) 7 days. We were not disappointed. There were also ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRDS, RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD, PILEATED WOODPECKER, RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS, "OREGON" JUNCOS, and CHESTNUT-BACKED CHICKADEES to occupy us during the nearly 20 minutes between the Ruby-throat's feeder visits. According to Joe Morlan, this will likely be the 10th accepted record (based on the breadth of documentation already) for California.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent!

Anonymous said...

found your site today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later ..

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats off to you dispatch, choice look forward in behalf of more related articles soon as its one of my pet subject-matter to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.